Position #1523: Manufacturing Engineer
- Posted: 08/31/2017
- Closes: When Position Filled
- Our client is the market leader in providing high quality resorbable polymers in the field of medical devices and pharmaceutical applications. These resorbable polymers are used in orthopedic implants, drug delivery systems and surgical suture applications among others.
Our client is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer who will have a key role in creating processes and equipment types as well as specifications to achieve intended product design using glass fiber and polymer production in our Georgia location. The primary job responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer are to take technical ownership for the cGMP production of the fiber technology platform with support from the Research & Development team as well as Business Development team.
This position will report to the Plant Director and will be focused on:
• Serving as the primary plant operations technical resource for the fiber production areas
• Serving as the primary interface between the plant operations organization and the fiber technical and business development team
• Developing and defining processes as well as equipment types, sizes and specifications to achieve intended product characteristics and quality
• Taking responsibility for the generation and training of the production team regarding equipment/process SOPs and process batch records
• Supporting production area efforts relative to equipment and system reliability by participating in process control, qualification and validation, equipment failure risk assessments and subsequent planning for preventative and predictive maintenance, spare parts and calibration
• Providing engineering and problem-solving support for process control, mechanical and utility systems for assigned area and to other areas as necessary
• Providing project team support as a plant operations representative to capital investment projects as assigned.
DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS POSITION UNLESS YOU MEET THESE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
Successful candidates MUST HAVE these minimum capabilities to be considered for this position:
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering or Chemical Engineering
• Minimum of 5-10 years of Manufacturing Engineering in Pharmaceutical or Medical Device production.
• Demonstrated experience working with polymers and/or glass fibers.
• Demonstrated experience working with composites in a pilot plant or production environment
• Experienced with PLC based process automation
• Experienced with cGMP in the Pharmaceutical or Medical Device industry.
• Able to work well with both technical and non-technical personnel
• Six Sigma Black Belt certification preferred
- Location: Atlanta, GA
- Compensation: $80,000 - $100,000
- Benefits: 10% Bonus
Qualified candidates please reference Position #1523
when submitting your resume to Search
or mail to: The Lake City Group.
Please read our Statement of Confidentiality.